For the Motherland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
- War goals: Each member of a faction can demand their own territory and claim it when the war is over.
- Strategic resources: Gain strategic bonuses from allies and through the conquest of key enemy provinces
- Partisans: build Partisan undergrounds to organize your resistance movements
- Map: Redefined with many more rivers and greatly improved province accuracy
- Air Map: Air map mode now shows plane ranges around airbases
- Politics: General improvements and a new coup system
- OOB: Easier re-organizing through various features
- Theater interface provides more information
- Battle scenarios: Five historical battles
- Convoy system: Improved handling of convoys, submarine warfare, and ASW operations (e.g. the "undeclared war")
- Misc: Improved zooming, overall game speed, new events and decisions, modding support, improved static AA, supply system fixes.
User interface tips & tricks
- Lower right corner of counter shows yellow for disorganized and red for out of supply (or fuel).
- Drag and drop deployment into the OOB editor
- You can scroll the map by holding down the middle mousebutton.
- You can set continuous orders to start at a later date, instead of just immediately.
- Mouseover your flag (upper left corner) to see all modifiers.
- Shift-F is new hotkey for Find Province.
- You can set the victory conditions for all three factions at the start of a game.
- There is a new setting available that will be useful sometimes. if you change debug_saves in settings.txt to a number (1 for every month. 0 means off) it will automatically create saves that don't get overwritten by newer ones like regular autosaves. useful if you want a record of a long game, although it uses quite a lot of disk space with all those saves so mostly useful for AAR writers and modders.
How to reduce neutrality?
FtM removed the ability to directly reduce neutrality. To reduce neutrality now:
- Increase threat on bordering countries.
- Appoint ministers that reduce neutrality.
How to remove the fractured govt. modifier?
It's due to parties wanting cabinet seats. Check the popularity graph on the politics screen ( the tooltip will note how many cabinet positions are desired by each party) and assign ministers as needed.
For the Motherland Manual (Forum thread)