From Hearts of Iron 3 Wiki
- 1 AI Improvements
- 2 Gamebalance Changes
- 3 Interface Improvements
- 4 User Modding
- 5 Performace and Stability
- 6 Database Changes
- 7 References
- Improved attack cooperation between countries and different agents
- Fixed an issue with low _current_ infrastructure causing the AI to disregard many front provinces
- Fixed some prio issues that stupidly emptied a threatened front province of troops
- Fixed some problems with reserve usage along fronts that could cause all units to be pulled back (especially for unmobilized countries on DoW.)
- Fixed some superstack issues
- Fixed a serious superstacking issue with unlimited troops allowed to match and surpass enemy forces
- Better checks before allies send their whole army to help against some weak enemy
- Fixed a problem with invaders and overseas units incorrectly being marked as garrisons and locking up
- Fixed an issue where it would not return exp forces correctly
- Improved garrison code to better handle multiple areas within a theatre
- Fixed some problems with reserve usage along fronts that could cause all units to be pulled back (especially for unmobilized countries on DoW.)
- Fixed a bad bug that could cause all divisions to go to the same province
- Will reinforce coastal provinces under attack by invaders
- Fixed an attack recklessness bug
- Fixed an issue with reckless attacks
- Fixed a break*off attack bug
- Fixed a bug with fronts ignoring certain coastal provinces
- Fixed a bug with AI units going passive due to stale support attack orders
- Fixed an issue with allied fronts not updating correctly
- Allies should now be able to operate properly within each other's territory
- Rebalanced inter*theatre unit reassignments
- Improved retrieval of armies from foreign areas
- Tweaked inter-theatre allocation of units to realize when either theatre is defensive and holds a fortified line
- Tweaked some inter*theatre thresholds
- Fixed a serious bug with theatre ping*pong of units
- Avoids target provinces with only a strait as a border (like the Channel Islands)
- Prioritizes provinces that border many others
- Will not reinforce beachheads if it will severely overstack. Instead, will attempt more landings nearby.
- Better at transporting HQs to the areas with their divisions
- Fixed a nasty problem with the transport AI completely locking up
- Transport AI: Fixed a bug with stale transport orders locking up fleets forever
- Fixed a bug with interceptors constantly being sent to enemy air bases
- Will divert TAC and CAG to bomb invasion fleets
- AI should no longer burn manpower when at war if it needs for reinforcement.
- Production AI: Slight tweak/bugfix for excessive building of land units.
- Production AI: Fixed a bug that could prevent proper building of ships and air units
- The AI is now a bit more conservative with its manpower.
- The AI now builds proper divisions.
- Major Powers will only build buildings once all build requests are met.
- USA will build more ships in the early years (even if it fails MP checks) as long as it has more than 100 MP
- Changed order prio on what units to build first over others.
- Fixed an issue where transport ships where not being built in serial runs
- AI will build buildings now if IC is available but it was not able to meet manpower checks (Except for USA)
- If there is IC left over after doing AI build requests the AI will build a few extra units based on what was not asked for!
- AI will build buildings now if IC is available but it was not able to meet manpower checks (gives it something to do with it).
- Building functionality was moved into a separate method to make it easier to call.
- More performance IC checks added into the beginning of the method.
- AI is now limited to building 2 of each building type at the same time.
- AI will now build a max of 5 AA in a province.
- AI will now build no more than 2 coastal forts in a single province (same with Radar Stations)
- China, France and Russia will no longer build coastal forts
- Fixed a bug where the cost of the minor attachments was not being calculated correctly when the AI was trying to figure out how much it was using.
- Added a manpower check for major powers building buildings. If the AI is low on manpower the limits placed on how many buildings he builds will be removed.
- Any country that has over 50 IC will create full divisions, if they are less than 50 then single brigades will be built
- Fixed issue with too many starting techs in research queue for the AI
- AI now focus a little bit more on a decent officer ratio.
- AI now avoids researching ahead of time more
- Slider AI had the values Diplomacy and NCO fliped which was causing them to set them incorrectly.
- Redid the Slider distribution code to be a little more simpler. AI will concentrate way more on research now.
- Tech AI has a new weight system for research techs (Major powers get a specific one for each) (too many rules to put in notes here.)
- Improved Algorythm for research slots
- Resolved an issue where minors would have 0 in the diplomacy slider
- Some floats would get converted incorrection during research planning causing the LUA for tech research to terminate.
- Fixed several issues with DoW and preparations for DoW
- Diplomatic AI now replies a bit quicker.
- Soviet Union will no longer attempt repeatedly attack the Germans after the bitter peace.
- Non*Neutral countries are less likely to spam out offers of military access now.
- Optimized mission selection for spies in countries without spies
- Fixed an issue with theatres not always updating their borders when neighboring provinces changed controller
- Theatres: Corrected a problem with bad theatre merges (e.g. East Prussia being given to OB West.)
- Theatres: Fixed a bug with Pure AI theatres switching HQ units and losing their plans
- Being completely out of supply now reduces organisation daily.
- Air Transports can now ship less supplies.
- Rewrote supply logisitics definitions to properly handle connected areas between puppets and non-puppets.
- Supply networks is now country+puppet specific, and no longer common for entire alliance.
- Landlocked areas without supply sources will now attach to other supply networks if possible.
Partisans & Revolts
- Partisans are now slightly more common.
- Partisans is now increasing supply tax far more.
- Revolt risk now reduces resource, manpower and IC from that province.
- Improved police brigade is now a bit better at improving suppression.
- Police Brigades now costs a little less manpower to build.
- Suppression is now checked for up to 2 provinces away.
- Occupation policies now impact resource gain as well.
- Weaker occupation policies are no longer as good for getting manpower & leadership.
- Revoltrisk is now applied after nationalism is calculated, so impact on RR works.
- Nationalism is a bit more powerful now, but there is no longer a minimum revolt risk.
- Updated starting techs for: Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Nationalist Spain, Republican Spain, Sweden, Turkey & Yugoslavia.
- Fuel and Supply consumption increases from technology gains are now percentage instead of absolute.
- Increased fuel*usage by about 15% for all units.
- Fixed research progress, could start do diverge, making it impossible to finish.
- Research efficiency techs now work properly.
- Increased the proximity impact on alignment.
- Revanschism is now scaled by victory percentage of a faction, where higher is making the countries less likely to care about it, and lower makes them far more likely to pushed away.
- Reduced threat caused by combat and construction significantly.
- There's no longer possible to revoke an embargo against a country you're at war with.
- It is now possible to declare war on a country you're guaranteeing.
- Only majors can now influence countries.
- It is now possible to cancel trade agreements with govs in exile.
- Guarantees will now put you automatically in a war.
- No longer possible to send theatre HQs as expeditionary forces through diplomacy.
- Engineers are now much better at defending in all rough terrain.
- Engineers now gives nice bonuses to defending.
- Tweaked stats of several support brigades, strengthening some and weakening others.
- Decreased strength damage from combat by 20%.
- Paratroopers now requires more officers, and have a slightly worse base hard attack.
- Its no longer possible to extend the radio range of a HQ by stacking some tank brigades with a big radio strength together with it.
- Suppression can no longer propagate over water.
- AA Carriage Sights now increases soft attack slightly as well for AA brigades.
- Bergsjaegers now gets more benefits from mountain warfare equipment.
- Damage to org on divisions are no longer scaled by strength of the brigade, but evenly.
- Orders are now cleared when loading on a navy or air.
- Movement modifiers for river crossing now works.
- Engineer Assault Equipment is now giving more bonuses to engineers.
- Garrisons now get a little bit better attack values from each tech.
- Organisation is no longer reset at load.
- Expeditionary forces now use and affect officer ratio of their country of origin.
- Retreating units are now moving slightly quicker.
- Tweaked the offensive penalties on AT to be slightly higher.
- Air units that are based in hostile territory will now try to rebase in their daily update and be destroyed if they fail.
- Stationary AA is now slightly more powerful.
- Severely reduced the effect of strategic bombing.
- Close Air Support and Tactical bombing is now twice as good.
- AA on landunits is now a fair bit better.
- All types of AA can now fire occasionally even if modified value is <1%, (using same algorithm as normal combat now.)
- Air combat is now slightly bloodier.
- Added a few more restrictions to how nuke missions can be assigned.
- Fixed quite a few issues with air units being counted as land units for some evaluation purposes (as retreats etc.)
- Logistical bombing now also targets fuel stockpiles.
- Current base size, and the amount of ships/planes based there now affects org regain for naval and air units.
- A fleet containing carriers will no longer attempt to close with an enemy fleet, but a faster enemy may force a closing.
- Units on naval patrol now avoids stronger fleets if on defensive or passive stance.
- Severely decreased the cost of building cags, but lengthened the time to be similar to carrier builds.
- Fixed problem with navies not being able to escape hostile ports into certain provinces (Gibraltar, Panama...).
- Effective visibility can never be below 1 when detect checks are made now.
- Fixed an exploit with navy and air ranges.
- SH BB is now affected by doctrines.
- Fleets on orders should no longer go through blockaded straits.
- Convoys are now checking if baltic is properly locked for trading purposes.
- Worse positioning for submarines
- "Fleet_auxiliary_submarine_doctrine” and “trade_interdiction_submarine_doctrine” change boni and get them raised.
- Higher org and morale by submarine_crew_training.
- Increase in positioning by Acoustic torpedo tech.
- Better Sea attack on Submarines.
- Upgradable AA on Submarines.
- IC cost slightly reduced on Submarines.
- Visibility dependent on Hull tech.
- Hull tech don’t increase Sea defence.
- Hull tech got higher difficulty.
- Included a “Sea_defence” boni in “Sonar” tech.
- “Sonar” tech got increased difficulty.
- Smallwarship_asw increased difficulty.
- Light Cruisers got slightly worse Sub_attack by Smallwarship_asw.
- Increase of difficulty of submarine_technology.
- Slight decrease in Convoy Raiding on submarines.
- Effect of Seawolf trait increased 100%.
- Damage done to convoys now impact National Unity hits.
- Tweaked up the NU impact from attacking convoys severely.
- Strength damage to convoy raiders is now far less, and its mostly org losses inflicted from escorts.
- Decreased impact from ASW on sub warfare.
- Supporting parties through spies is now more potent.
- Spies from a friendly country trying to do hostile actions will now be dealt with like all other counter espionage targets.
- Rocket Tests and Nuclear Reactors now give far more practical when built.
- Escorts and convoys are now a fair bit more expensive to build.
- Reserves cost modifier is now applied correctly as a percentage of cost.
- Building ships now properly draws manpower at construciton for entire series.
- Constructions now keep track of actual manpower used and restores that amount instead of calculating current cost when cancelling.
- Practical increases is now depending on the laws set when a construction is started (and in a serial, at every start.)
- The strength of a reserve unit when constructed is depending on the laws that were when the production was started.
- Winters can now be much colder.
- Cold winters now slow down movement much more, with same threshold as landcombat impact.
- Severely increased the penalty for offensive combat in extreme cold.
Manpower & Leadership
- Service by Requirement now gives far more manpower.
- Soviet Union now gets more manpower from their decisions.
- Increased manpower in Soviet Union by about 25%.
- Manpower is now added daily instead of monthly.
- Lowered manpower returns when demobilizing.
- Demobilising should now cap the strength of units properly when the manpower is returned.
- Added leadership to Holland, Belgium, Canada, Australia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Czechoslovakia & Hungary.
Leaders & Ministers
- Doubled xp gain from leaders.
- Leader auto*assignment now handles river crossing trait correctly.
- Pigheaded isolationist now impact suspeptibility instead of neutrality.
- Communists can now enact draft laws if good national unity.
- The game may support higher resolutions.
- Added a tooltip for port throughput in supply mapmode.
- Colorized and tweaked the tooltips for supply mapmode.
- Improved coloration in revoltrisk mapmode.
- Fixed exploit of using cursor to spot enemy fleet presence with.
- Minimap day/night is now displayed properly at reload.
- Foreigntroops alert is now checking controller, not owner of the target province.
- Research alert now checks the year for the next tech, not the current tech.
- Range checks are now applied properly in the order interface.
- Fixed chat output after selecting units.
- Time impacts from practical knowledge is now shown in correct percentages.
- Added a tooltip to the mobilisation button, detailing approximately how much manpower is needed to mobilise.
- Added tooltips to the deployment interface, so that is easier to see details of military units there.
- Improved the tooltip for national unit value, to show the monthly change in detail.
- The year trigger is now displayed correctly as "at least".
- Improved tooltip for money gain.
- If you have trade automation or full diplomatic automation on, you will no longer see messages about trade.
- Improved tooltips for resources in the production screen.
- Fixed a few precision errors with the production and leadership slider values.
- Fixed resetting sliders in production view.
- Fixed production sliders going below zero.
- National Unity changes is now colored correctly when taking spy actions into account as well.
- Officer impact on org regain is now shown properly on the org regain change value tooltip.
- Corps no longer get "HQ" in their name.
- Each message about techlevel now shows exactly what that level will give you.
- Upgrading doctrines on a unit will no longer change the model name.
- Fixed a problem which caused some organisation bars to not show relative to the actual maximum.
- Fixed the display of expeditionary forces acceptance in the log.
- Added a modifier called 'local_resources'.
- It is now scriptable which country is a major, in addition to the >100 IC check.
- Added new date trigger, to make year and month triggers more readable.
- Added a "load_oob = filename" effect. Use filename as a localisation tag for information. File to load must be in the units catalog, and will be ADDED to the current OOB.
- Exported a lot functions for handling flags and variables in the .lua script.
- Added a lot of calculation functions for units and other things to the .lua script.
- Full details of all new .lua function at ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10544657&postcount=27 )
Performace and Stability
- Moved some optimizations from HTTT to HOI3.
- A lot of optimisations done, with focus on supply calculation, event engine and the AI.
- Optimized ai calculate odds. Large battles should not "freeze" the game anymore.
- Optimized space usage of flag file, and made it a power of 2, fixing compatibility issues with some ATI cards.
- Severe optimisation of framerate to make the game feel more responsive.
- Map shader precision fix. ATI miscolored provinces bug solved.
- Solved border ati graphics problem.
- Underlying map*code have been rewritten, reducing the memory footprint significantly.
- Making a new map by modders will no longer take hours to compress, but merely minutes.
- The maprendering is now much quicker and should work better with lesser cards.
- Zhele(sp?) is no longer at two places on the map.
- Fixed a few duplicated seazones.
- Fixed "Creating Rivers" crashbug.
- Fixed crash related to broken owner areas and the theatre ai.
- fixed crash in German diplomacy ai
- Fixed crash when France surrenders.
- Fixed crash when Denmark surrenders.
- Fixed Crash when Manchuku surrenders.
- Fixed crashbug related to unit shattering.
- Fixed infinite loop in textbuffer.
- Fixed a problem which could cause crashes on some machines when starting the game.
- Fixed a crash bug with exp force theatre HQs
- Fixed another corruption of savegames.
- Radarstation status is now properly loaded when a game is reloaded multiple times.
- Bonus organisation is now properly loaded from savegames and no longer lost.
- Automatic deployment check box now set correctly when loading a save game.
Events & Decisions
- Fixed Danzig or War when Poland is part of the Axis
- Added a few random events with some positive effects.
- Added an event for Vichy to disappear.
- There is now a decision to create Mengkukuo
- Improved the fortress at Sevastopol.
- Revised a few Italian generals ranks to fit the starting OOB's better.
- Removed an erroneous army in the 1936 OOB for France.
- Fixed location of French airforce in 38 and 39 OOB's.
- Revised a few French generals ranks to fit the starting OOB's better.
- Fixed a few broken units in the Japanese 1941 OOB.
- Added the missing picture of the Hungarian leader Nemerey.
- Added the missing picture for Italian general Appiotti.
- Plenty more head of states are now pigheaded isolationists.
- Kwantung theatre is now working properly in all scenarios.
- USA, UK, France, Soviet, Italy, Japan & Germany are now always major countries.
- Fixed Bulgarian head of government at start of game.
- Forum: 1.4 is now out!